Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, November 10, 2014

happy happy happy

Hello everyone!
This week has been splendid, for the most part. I really am so spoiled to be in Kansas. Especially because we have an investigator at this lovely lil shop called Bogeys, and if we occasionally take one for the team and get Bogeys shakes so we can talk to her, that's fine by me :)
Some highlights of the week (besides Bogeys, mm mm good) were Michelle and Dianna. Let me explain. So Michelle is this GORGEOUS black woman who, sadly, has gone mostly blind. We taught her and every time we do she weeps a little. She's baffled that people would be so willing to help her, but we've come out and done service for her and we're also teaching her and she is on date for the twenty ninth of this month. Plus she's a sass to the core, she she and I get along real well :)
Dianna is such a lovely human being. She is around sixty and just glows she's so wonderful. We asked her to be baptized on the twenty ninth and she also said yes. She has about a hundred dogs, and the tiniest one looks like a baby puppy but he's actually nine. He just cuddles up on my lap and purrs like a cat. But less annoying - it's super cute.
We taught a bunch of other cool folks and had some excellent zone training that motivated me in so many ways. More than any other week, I've really felt the spirit as a constant companion this week. So many times my brain was fuzzy and tired (I've been sick, but just a leetle bit) but words came out of my mouth that I didn't plan. My stellar trainer Sister Engebretsen (Anguhbretsen, for anyone wondering) has been letting me take the lead more often, and I tell you what, I would have fallen flat on my face if it weren't for the spirit helping and filling all the gaps.
Weather here, because an alarming number of people have wondered, is not bad at all yet. Although (humor time) the other day at zone training I was wearing that fantastic gray skirt from Naomi and I stepped outside and the wind just about blew my skirt up to my ears. Luckily the elders hadn't come out yet, but they did just a few seconds later. I was holding my skirt down, but the situation was very dire, and I finally fell to my knees and had to tuck my skirt under myself and wait for the elders to leave. Kansas wind, man. It's the life. Yoga pants under skirts from hence forth and forever. The other missionaries laughed so hard at me. I was laughing pretty hard myself.
Anyway, weather = awesome, except for the random, severe bouts of hot (yes, still randomly some hot days) or cold. Fall leaves = gorgeous, wind = not so fun, and church = true.
I love you all! Have a fantastic week, sorry for the novel of an email :)
-Sister Gomez

1 comment: