Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, January 5, 2015

New Years, Transfers and Chaos

Hello family and friends :)
I feel like I lived a whole lifetime since I spoke to you last, but 'tis not so. It has only been a week.
First of all, we played Phase 10 last pday and I had super flash backs of East Canyon. The other missionaries in my district turned out to be suuuuper competitive. Ha ha ha. 
Second of all, it has been a rough, wonderful, emotional, hectic week here in the mission field.
Sister Engebretsen and I said goodbye and I drove for the first time all the way to Wichita, then back to Hutch, then back to Wichita the next day for a meeting. 
I picked up my wonderful temporary companion, Sister Barrera (we'll be together for five days) who loves anime and drawing and makes me laugh all the time. 
Then we hit the pavement! 
First of all, we had a family of people who haven't progressed at all since I've been here. But we went over for a visit the first night Sister Barrera was here and we laughed and had a good chat about progress and the atonement and it was pretty casual. Then Jeremy, who has been incredibly closed off to the missionaries, was like, "This is the style of lesson I like. When do you want to come back and do a bible study?" Ha ha I was so shocked that I actually said out loud, "Are you serious?" and they all laughed at me and he scheduled a time. Woohoo!!
Then, one of the less actives we were working with, Sarah, has progressed by leaps and bounds. She is on LDS.org a lot and told us that she'd forgotten the incredible joy and peace of the gospel and that she feels like she's full of it again. That was definitely another bright spot of the week. 
Also, I'm DONE with training! Which means I officially am stripped of the "I'm sorry I'm new!" excuse. 
Also, in the name of a random list of things, I'm getting a new companion and staying in Hutchinson. Her name is Sister Gunderson. She sings and apparently is WONDERFUL. Wooohooo!!!! 
Anyway, I am so excited for 2015. I feel closer to my Savior and happier than I ever have in my entire life. Miracles are happening in Kansas :) 
Love you all!
-Sister Gomez





1 comment: