Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, March 16, 2015

the amazing gift - to see the way our Father in Heaven works



Hello everybody! 
Two important things! 
WELCOME TO THE WORLD LUCY AIDA BLAKE!!! Aida, she is absolutely breathtaking! And what a perfect time to have a birthday. Easter, springtime, hopeful joy! 
Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK JACOB!!! We are so lucky to have had you in our family for like ... eight years now? Holy moly! 
Oh and also happy Patty's day, people. Wear green! 
Man it has been a marvelous week in the Heartland! We have experienced truly dazzling weather and even more dazzling miracles! To begin ... 
Breanna! She is still doing absolutely wonderfully - she just received her second priesthood blessing and knows without a doubt that the priesthood is real. She came to church yesterday and brought a dish for pot luck afterwards - what a woman! She is also planning to come to the Woman's General Session of conference an hour away in Wichita. Woohoo for being on the right path! 
Also, another wonderful miracle was Alexis! We went to visit the home of a young woman who we hadn't seen in a long time, but she wasn't home. However, as soon as we turned around, we saw a girl sitting on her front porch who greeted us and started chatting with us. We told her about the Book of Mormon, testified of it's truthfulness and she explained to us that she was a senior and that she was a recovering addict but that all she wanted was to be close to God. She was so happy - she told us that she could tell it was true just by how she felt when we talked about it. She asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon and accepted an invitation of Baptism for the eleventh of April! Wowie wow :) 
Victoria, the one who, through a texting conversation told us that she knew the Book of Mormon is true, is also doing so well! We asked her if she'd want to be baptized, and she is planning on baptism on the 31st of March! What a woman! 
Finally, a small but also huge miracle from home. I was sitting downstairs this morning just writing in my journal. I wrote "Sister Browning" (my comp) and I got this sudden panic in my gut that was like, "GO UPSTAIRS RIGHT NOW, SISTER BROWNING NEEDS YOU!" so I ran up the stairs and into the spare room. She was laying on the floor in her blanket and I was like, "What's wrong, are you ok?" and she said, "I can't really move. I'm really sick. But I just prayed that Heavenly Father would send you back upstairs so I could tell you something." 
It was such an amazing gift to be able to see the way our Father in Heaven works. His hand is in the tiniest details - like when we can't yell or move because we're sick, but we need our companion. God is good! 
Love you all! 
Sister Gomez

1. Me and the Hutch sign ... me in my pday clothes (sometimes I wear tights under my shorts. To be stylish, of course.) 
2. Together :) 
3. A BABY CHINCHILLA
4. Again. 
5. Me and Ashlyn! She's a total sass. Love her. 
6. Me and this incredible lady Jean Wach who is super classy
7. Weekly planning at the church and looooving springtime! 
8. Beautiful Kansas! Is that not just the epitome of this state? 











No comments:

Post a Comment