Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, May 25, 2015

I love this wonderful mission!

I really have basically no time at all so this is going to be super short. 
Most importantly, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD, AIDA!!! I love you a lot and hope it's a wonderful day :)
I LOVE Lawrence. I LOVE Sister Gunderson. I LOVE this wonderful mission. 
So this past week was perfect. Also, if you notice that my ability to use adjectives has seriously digressed since coming on a mission, please just ignore it. The abundance of sweet, sick, solid, cool, awesome and fabulous would eventually get to anyone, seriously. 
But anyway, sorry to be super disjointed. Anyway, it was a week FULL of miracles, and then Sunday happened. We'd had five people preparing for baptism and then three of them dropped us. It was only an hour after we had made them breakfast and they were preparing excitedly to come to church. 
Then a bunch of other things happened - we dropped pasta on our skirts, kept whacking our heads into things on accident, made a couple members angry by accident and other such misfortunes. 
However, after we got super down, we humbled ourselves and prayed for help. We needed to find another new investigator and we needed one more person on date to be baptized since those were the goals we'd set. It was 8:40, and we drove to contact a potential who we really felt like we needed to. Well, our potential had moved out, but Erin and her beautiful family had moved in. Now they're preparing to be baptized on June 13th. She wasn't interested at first, but we read Ether 12:27 with her and it touched her heart. Ironically, the very same verse was exactly what Heavenly Father needed us to know as well. 
Oh, also, I went on a wonderful exchange with the wonderful Sister Weaver!! We saw so many miracles - so many that we forgot to take a picture. I love the girls here in the Topeka and Lawrence zones :) There are nine of them, and it's been so much fun to get to know each of them. 
Anyway, this is among the very most disjointed email I've ever sent, which I know is saying a lot. Just know that God loves you, I love you, and I hope you have a wonderful week! 
Sister Siera Gomez 
1. Me, Sister Gunderson and Elder Capener! Love me some transfer devotionals :) 
2. Saying goodbye to Sister Browning. She went home and it broke my heart. That woman taught me so much. 
3. Saying goodbye to Sister Houston. Luckily she's just in Haysville :) 
4. First week with Gundy!!! We got super duper caught in the rain. 





No comments:

Post a Comment