Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, May 18, 2015

Siera is now a sister leader trainer

Well it's hard to describe to you the number of crazy lovely things that happened this week, but I'll take a stab at it :) 
1. DALLIN AND KATELYN HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN MARRIED TWO YEARS! How marvelous :) I hope your day is celebratory and absolutely lovely. 
2. SABRINA GOT BAPTIZED. After a year and a half of fighting and fighting and doing everything she could and a lot of tears and a lot of struggle, we were able to witness the pure miracle of her baptism. Afterwards, she said, "I feel like I'm floating. Like nothing can touch me. I'm so at peace." and then her friend, Austin, who came said that he wanted to come to our church and that the service touched him a lot. 
3. It rained and rained and rained. And then it flooded. And we played a lot and it was marvelous. 
4. A lot of little daily miracles - just things working out perfectly. 
annnd 
5. This isn't really a miracle, well sorta, but anyway. Late on Sunday night me and Sister Houston were discussing what we thought transfers would bring. Neither of us got a training call packet or anything out of the ordinary, but we knew one of us was leaving when ALL OF A SUDDEN the mission president called. Which is terrifying since it can only mean one thing if President calls you the Sunday before transfers. 
I got called to be a sister training leader. Waaaaaaaaaaat???????? I haven't trained and I've only been out seven months! Ironically, I have just shifted my focus to be centered on the Christlike attribute of patience, so I guess God is just trying to help me out. I'm not sure if I was coherent on the phone call. I think I made some vague, shocked gargling noises and told him I accepted the call and "But I haven't trained!" and he laughed at me. He thought I was kidding or something. 
BUT are you ready for the REAL MIRACLE is that guess who I get to go be companions with?? 
SISTER GUNDERSON. 
That's right. We're in for round two :) 
People, God is so good! He knows exactly what we need all the time. I'll dearly miss Sister Houston, but I'll see her in a week at i-pad trainings, so that'll be fun. 
Pray for me, please! I'll need it. 
Love you! 
Sister Gomez

Sorry for the photo overload this week!
1. On our way to zone pday - luau themed :D best day ever 
2. Such fun sisters
3. Me and a truly adorable puppy 
4. Me and a truly adorable kid
5. Sabrina got baptized!!! 
6. Annnd a silly one
7. Our district. Charming Elder Clay is holding his joker knife as if to cause bodily harm. Lovely. 
8. Very much caught in the rain. 
9. Best picture ever. It's pouring rain, the water is nearly to my knees, and Carlos and Naomi and Levi - check out the number on the mailbox :)
10. Our zone training
11. And one more












1 comment:

  1. I will take pride in your progress so you can stay humble as a master teacher, OK? Bob E

    ReplyDelete