Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, May 11, 2015

Two Brandis in one day :)



Hello hello hello! 
So, this week I just want to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Meg and Sarah! Hope you both have wonderful days :) 
So everybody. This past week was absolutely fantastic! Among my very favorite highlights was 
MOTHER'S DAY!!! Ahhh my great, beautiful family. I just adore them. I got to see Lucy (people. She's gorgeous.) and Carlos for the last time before he goes on his mission! Also Rosie who is just getting so big and beautiful! 
Anyway, it's been great! We saw a lot of miracles this week. I had the privilege of doing a training for my zone on expecting miracles. He told me to be "Holland-esque" and I really tried. I tried to be full of energy, and it ended up making me really excited. MIRACLES ARE REAL. They certainly have not ceased. I know that as surely as I know anything else. 
One of the miracles from this week was meeting Brandy. She is absolutely amazing and she actually turns out to have a sister in law in the Valley Center Ward (shout out to Jesse!). She said she has been questioning the faith she belongs to and that, if she found out it was true, she wants to be baptized at the end of May. So we're just working on helping her to find and recognize that witness. 
Then, on the same day, we found another new person - Brandi. Yep. Our two new people this week were both named Brandi. In the same day. Weeeird. But anyway, this Brandi is a lovely nineteen year old whose mom is a member. She said she has been wanting to learn more and that she really is hoping to pursue this religion and become part of it. She has so much sincere desire which is rare. 
Also, Sabrina. Guys. I am so blessed to get to meet people out here. I love this lady. We're seeing her today and finishing up her baptism program. She is the best. 
Also, before I end, I just need to say that of all the words I say (and there are so many), none ring truer to me than that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He lives. I never realized just how blessed I was to have been raised on a foundation of Jesus Christ. There is no adequate substitute for Him - His teachings, His gospel, His commandments, or His atonement. I love Him with my whole heart, and I know that He loves you so much! 
Much love,
Sister Siera Gomez
1. Me and my companion accidentally coordinating like we do all the time. We were also both wearing gray skirts. 
2. A fancy car I thought dad might enjoy that reminded me of Little Rascals. I creeper style snatched a picture of it. 
3. Lake Point. Boom. 
4. And the town sign I live in. I know, I should be cutely standing next to it and making some face or something, but alas. I got in in a drive by. 

5. Me and the spider from last week. Such fun. Yes, it's actually real. 
6. Reunited in the rain to see Holland! Love this woman :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment