Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, May 4, 2015

Using her sign language :)



Hello everybody!
I want to wish a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear sister Katelyn. It was such a marvelously lucky day for the Gomezes when you became part of our family :)
Also, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MAMA!! Also happy mother's day to all of the wonderful mothers in my life :) Especially Grandma and Abuelita as well! Love you all!
Well I have a million things to say - it's been a ridiculously wonderful week! Hopefully you guys can bear (bare? What's happening to my English??) with me.
I GOT TO MEET ELDER JEFFREY R. HOLLAND. People. This man is an apostle of the Lord. And not just because he's awesome or charismatic, but because he is inspired of God. he is such a powerful teacher and it was a life changing experience!
I'll try and keep it quick, but to tell you about a few wonderful people...
Sabrina - I've definitely talked about her, but to just add to the incredible human she is. On Friday, Elder Holland had a special conference with the youth. However, she found out that she had a track meet the same day. She told her coach that she had to go see, "An apostle of the Lord." her coach said, "No, you need to go run in my meet." She said, "One of the fifteen men on Earth that God has chosen as an apostle is coming to Kansas!" and he said, "You don't understand! It's a track meet." and she said, "No, YOU don't understand. It's Holland." Ha ha ha ha ha :) Afterwards she said, "Everyone thought I was an investigator!" and she said, "No, I'm a member. I've been a member for a year. I just haven't been baptized yet." :)
Amy - so yesterday after people were just straight up RUDE for hours. Hours, people, of people just really unhappy that we even exist, we met a wonderful woman named Amy. She said she just switched her major to comparative religion because she's trying to find the church that's right for her and that she doesn't think it's a coincidence that we stopped by. We told her about the Book of Mormon and she excitedly took one to read and pray about. Perfect. She also says she and I are like the same person. Which is really nice of her, because she's flipping awesome.
Annnd I think that's about all for now. OH ONE MORE THING. The other night as we were coming home, we saw a woman and we felt like, even though it was almost time to be inside, we needed to go give her a card. So we walk/ran down the sidewalk and got her attention and she signed, "I'm sorry, I'm deaf." So I signed, "Oh, that's ok. Can we give you a card? It has a video about Christ on it." she accepted and thanked us and went on her merry way.
AHHHHHH SO EXCITING.
Anyway, I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week and tell your moms you love them forever.
Sister Gomez

1.Hey, the only picture I have is a picture of me holding a tarantula. I met these people on the side of the road and they were playing with it and they let me hold it and said I was not at all like they expected a Mormon missionary to be :) Apparently they figured I'd be uptight and terrified of spiders (I totally am.) Camilla's fixing it for me, though, so it should be there soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment