Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, July 6, 2015

A flea analogy about limits

Hello friends and families :) 
So emailing has gotten super difficult since getting an ipad. Since everyone just decides they can email wherever they go since they take their ipads with them everywhere, we no longer sit down for two hours and just get it all done, so .... such is life :) It's become very scatter brained haha. 
Anyway, I'm loving Lawrence as much as ever. 
We had MLC which was really fun. 
I also got to go on the most CRAZY miracle filled exchange with SISTER HOUSTON!!! Ahhh I got to go on an exchange with another of my past companions whom I absolutely adore! (Kudos to you if you immediately know what movie that's from). The best miracle of the day was ... 
ANNA. So basically the elders found this incredible lady who thought she'd probably get baptized but wasn't sure when. During my exchange with Sister Houston, they called us and told us to meet them to give her a church tour, since they thought that we should probably teach her since she was a single woman. 
Welll, we met them there and had the most powerful church tour of my whole mission. And then at the end she wanted to get baptized as soon as possible. Like if it were up to her, she would have been baptized yesterday. But we had to wait, and so she's getting baptized this Saturday instead :) 
WOW. What a great lady. I don't know that I've ever met anyone so prepared in my whole life. 
Also, a sweeeet bit of revelation from my district leader. So during district meeting, he talked about this flea experiment. Basically, you can keep a flea in a jar and it will hit the lid and then the bottom again and again. However, if you leave the flea in there for long enough and then take off the lid, the flea will still hit where it thinks the lid is. 
Basically he likened this to us and the limits we put on ourselves and our own potential. We just keep mindlessly hitting the lid of our own creation, even as at any moment we could jump right out of the jar. 
So yeah. It was really huge for me - I need to increase my vision so much and stop hitting the lid. 
I love you all! 
Have a fabulous week! 
Sister Siera Gomez 
(7011 E. 13th St. N. Wichita, KS, 67206). If that wasn't an obvious plea for mail, I don't know what is :) hahaha.
Love ya!  
1. Me, Sister Gunderson, and two kids who love to pound on our jeep windows every time we pull up. 
2. Beautiful Lawrence that does not at all resemble the rest of Kansas <3
3. The cutest dang picture I've ever seen from a primary child. 
4. Our fourth of July outfits outside our cute house. (Actually our member's house.) 
5. Exchanges with this beaut
6. Me, Sister Westwood and Sister Houston. We've all been companions with each other :) SO cute. 
7. Me and Elder Nield at district meeting building a marshmallow structure that taught us a moral of some kind :) Also they were pretty tasty
8. Us saying a fond goodbye to some kids we taught :) 









1 comment: