Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, July 20, 2015

Wowie wow wow

Hey everybody!
Wowie wow wow. I don't even know where to start! So I'll start with HAPPY PIONEER DAY THIS WEEK!
I have fairly little to update you on, so I'll say fairly little. In short, we had so many miracles this past week as we strived (strove? haha) our hardest to work with members! We have seen so much progress in the attitude of those we work with - members, nonmembers, missionaries and especially ourselves.
A few fabulous things, though...
Amber. Remember her? She's the one who at the end of May was like, "Yes I want to get baptized, A.S.A.P!" came to a church tour, we made breakfast at her house before church and then an HOUR later she didn't come to church????
Yeah. That Amber. She's the greatest. Well, we haven't had contact with her in awhile, but her kids still run out to us anytime we're in the apartment complex and tell us all about their Book of Mormon reading. So the other day they were like, "our mom's really home this time, please come talk to her!" but she'd been hard core avoiding us, so we told them no, that we could only talk to her if she wanted us to.
WELL SHE CAME OUT AND TALKED WITH US. We invited her to church and she said she'd try. She said she'd been sick but it was almost completely normal. So that was huge for us.
Also, we had a mission president's devotional which Anna was able to speak at. She feels so at peace and knows her husband, Aaron will join the church someday soon. She bore her testimony and shared that she had been in a dark place, and that only the truths of this gospel brought her home. There were probably twelve recent converts that bore their testimonies and it was so powerful. They all went through so much, and yet each of them witnessed that they knew that this was Christ's only church. Most of them mentioned something about finally finding home.
I'm just overwhelmed with gratitude every day that I'm here. Last week I hit my half way point. How and when did that happen? I can't believe it - I don't want to believe it. I think I thought I'd have eighteen months forever when I first came out.
My favorite thing about a mission, really is CHANGE. In myself and in those around me and everything I've become since I really got to know Jesus Christ.
So much joy is found in this gospel.
Anyway, love you all so much!
Sister Siera Gomez



1 comment: