Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, August 10, 2015

Serving the Lord is a portable calling :)

Well this has been the BEST and LONGEST week of my entire life. Not long in a bad way - long in a .... looong way. Like I feel like I've lived two lifetimes since last Monday. 
I'll give you all a list of things that happened. 
1. We saw lots of miracles Monday and Tuesday and got Sister Gunderson all ready to go home. 
2. WE WENT TO HUTCHINSON Wednesday morning. I had to go and get my glasses replaced and we got to see BREANNA!!! I'm not sure if any of you remember, but yeah. She's so fabulous. 
3. Transfers happened. Elder Hamelwright, Elder Waite, Elder Nield and SISTER GUNDERSON went home. Heart=broken. 
4. SISTER JENSEN CAME TO LAWRENCE. Oh my woooord she is so fabulous!! We have seen so many miracles!! I am loving every minute of this transfer so far. Things are happier than peaches. 
5. I have noooo time. Big shock. So I'll just share one highlight miracle of the week. 
We have this lovely investigator, Willow. She is twelve. Her mom and nine year old brother are also investigators, but she is so solid. Her mom didn't want to come to church so she called us and asked if we could come get her anyway. She loved young women's and asked if she could invite a friend to the activity Wednesday night. We told her yes, and she was so thrilled and wants to be baptized on the 22nd. She even asked her mom and her mom told her she could do whatever she wanted! 
So fabulous! 
I am so grateful to be here. So many of my dear friends have gone home from their mission in the past while and it has partially hit me that someday I really will have to go home, but also filled me with gratitude that I'm still here. I love this place! I'm very grateful that "serving the Lord" is a portable calling. It gets to go with us wherever we go! 
Love you all! 
Sister Siera Gomez 

Pictures 



1. Last day. Very sun-kissed. haha. We are wearing our awesome floral dresses. 
2. Two favorites. Hard, hard goodbyes. 
3. Happy hello's!! We had a very un-photogenic night. This is like the tenth attempt to get a good picture. I'll include some of the fails as well. We just had to take a companion picture. 
4. Us trying
5. To take
6. a picture! 
hahaha. 
7. A pretty sight we stumbled into taking a wrong turn
 8.Us and Breanna in huuuutch
9.Us and the best elders









No comments:

Post a Comment