Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, September 28, 2015

Great zone conference

Hello e'erbody! 
It's been quite a week. A fabulous, inspirational week, to be sure. 
First of all, we had zone conference. 
Then, we had two back to back exchanges. 
Then we had the women's meeting. 
Those were probably the most significant things. I am loving this ward! I have found a bunch of connections to home being here, which has been so fun. 
Zone conference was perfect. It was nice to hear that Carlos was having a zone conference a the same time. Made him feel a little closer. It was a great meeting, though. We talked a lot about how to unite with members and also building faith and relying on the atonement. President Bell is just ... so incredibly inspired. And he loves us all so much. Us and the zone leaders also got to do this great role play where I was a fifteen year old girl named Allison. I chewed gum and threw my sister under the bus for dating a scandalous guy. It was so fun. 
Then at the end of zone conference, President and Mama Bell did a Q&A session about relationships and building strong families because they know it's their responsbility to help us be prepared. It was wonderful - the first thing that happened was a missionary raised his hand and said, "Tell us how you met!" and Sister Bell flushed and was like, "The supply closet in sixth grade. The rest is history." 
Awwwwwwww. 
Haha. It was great. 
Then the women's broadcast was SO NEEDED. What powerful messages! Especially President Uchtdorf's at the end. It meant the world to me. 
Also, I had the chance to go on an exchange with Sister Southwick and Sister Wade and they both were absolutely amazing missionaries. It's been so fun to get to know the sisters here better. I don't write as much about that, but some of the greatest miracles I've seen on my mission have been missionaries progressing and becoming converted themselves to Jesus Christ. Miracles, miracles, miracles! 
I hope you know I love and pray for you often! 
Love you! 
Sister Siera Gomez

1 comment: