Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, September 21, 2015

Pushed pause for a bit... but back with Sister Houston

Well first and foremost, HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEKEND LEVI!!! You are such a brilliant, wonderful, kind, talented human being and I can't believe you're turning fourteen. I consider it such a privilege to be your sister! 
Hello everybody :) 
It's been one heck of a week. Of course, transfer week is always crazy, but it's significantly crazier when you're surprised! So it was nuts. But it's been really fun. 
We have already seen some sahweeet miracles. We also had the utmost pleasure of volunteering for this race thing put on by the Kyrie foundation which (we found out after we got there and put on the free t-shirts they gave us) supports research and funding for pediatric brain cancer. It was so much fun. Basically we cheered for the runners in the race and told them not to go the wrong way (which was blocked by cones, anyway, so it was pretty useless.) We also got to do the warm up zumba routine. Which was the best. 
Some other fabulous highlights:
1. I'M WITH SISTER HOUSTON AGAIN. First I got Sister Gunderson again, and now Sister Houston! It is sooo nice. Which is crazy, since me and Sister Houston served about twenty minutes from here. So it sorta feels like we just pushed pause, and now we pushed play again. 
2. We had Wichita stake conference!! Madness, considering the fact that last Wichita stake conference I was in Hutchinson which is in this stake, and that was the day I saw Tali. And now I'm back :) Best thing ever though, and I got to see some of my favorites from Hutch
3. Miiiiiracles! I just wanted to share a couple of the best ... 
First there was Chelsea, who we met just before we had to go in at night. We like to call it the fourth quarter of the night :) We promised Heavenly Father that we would find a new investigator and help them to accept a baptismal date, but Sister Houston is pretty new here, and I'm VERY new here, so we had no idea where to go (plus, I left my GPS in Lawrence and Sis. Houston doesn't have one.) But miracle of miracles, I recognized a trailer that I'd been to seven months ago on exchanges here. So we knocked the door and the lady remembered me, let us right in, and told us it was her birthday and that it had been horrible. We testified that that was the reason God sent us, to show her a way to improve her life. She accepted a baptismal date for Oct :) 
Then, we called a random name in our phone who neither of us knew named Cara. She said she had met the sisters once but that she would be willing to meet with us again. She told us that at the moment, her uncle had passed away, but she would call us later. We talked to her a little bit about the plan of salvation and the peace that Christ could bring. She put us on speaker so her whole family could hear and asked us to repeat what we said for them. Then they thanked us and asked us to please call them back :) 
Anyway, it's getting really long so I'll forego on the others, but it's been miraculous here in the great land of Maize! 
Hope you have a fabulous week! Love you!
Sister Siera Gomez




No comments:

Post a Comment