Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, October 5, 2015

A blast of a week!

Hey, hi, hello to all my favorite humans! 
Well it's been quite a week! One of the best so far in Maize :) I loved it so much and my companion and I have had a BLAST. 
We got to go on two exchanges this week and I went with two of the best sisters in the mission, I swear. Both were hilarious and powerful and love the people in their area. 
One of the best miracles from this week came from one of our exchanges. I met a girl named Liana who is fourteen years old. Apparently they've struggled because every time they go over, all she'll do is play on her phone and ignore them. So we went over and Hermana Dingman, the sister I was with, asked Liana if she had been reading the Book of Mormon. She said she hadn't because of homework, so I shared a couple of the sweetest experiences I've had finding answers in the Book of Mormon. Haha - at first she was like, "That's creepy! Things like that don't actually happen!" and I testified that they do, and that she could find answers to her questions. 
We asked if she prayed, and she said she didn't because there were too many people for God to hear her prayer. We taught her about God's love and that she is His literal daughter and that He wants desperately to hear from her. We asked if she'd ever felt God's love, and she said no, and we promised that she could. She said she felt something even as we were talking and then was like, "What will it take then?" and we said, "To feel God's love?" and she said, "No, to get baptized."
Whaaaaaat even??? Haha so we prepared her, taught her the law of chastity and the word of wisdom and committed her to be baptized on the 24th. Then she looked at the calendar and pointed at the 18th and said, "Can I get baptized on that date instead?" 
It was such a spirit filled experience :) 
Not to mention the MIRACLE that is general conference! Holy cow, what a powerful, powerful weekend. I am so incredibly grateful to have been able to watch all of the sessions and to hear from prophets of God - especially President Monson. 
I love you all! Let me know how you're doing! 
Sister Gomez 


Pictures from the past two weeks : 











1 comment: