Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, November 16, 2015

God is so aware of His children !

Hello everybody! 
Ok so first of all, 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK ELI!!! Hope you have a great day :) 
Second of all, it's been a wonderful week! 
First of all, I had the honor of going back to Hutch (my very first area) to speak at a funeral for Jean Talbot. For those of you who may not remember, she was my first baptism last December. I got to meet and see a bunch of her family members who thanked me and said they loved the message. It was really emotionally exhausting, but just after that, we met a potential investigator who is suuuuper prepared named Angelica. She said she knew that God needed her to be baptized and she was willing to do whatever it took to get there. 
Second of all, I had the other honor of going to El Dorado, a branch about forty minutes away, to do a training with Sister Bell ... just because she randomly asked us to :) It was so fun. She took us to Freddy's and then afterwards we got drinks. So we had a really fun time with the Relief society ladies there. 
Now a fun story! 
So I had the other honor of speaking in sacrament meeting. Saturday night, however, I had prepared a talk - or at least an outline. Sunday morning, I felt like I had to change the whole thing. It was pretty stressful, but I changed it. I figured it was for our investigator Angelica who was coming. 
Anyway, I get to the ward, and PRESIDENT AND SISTER BELL WALK IN. They just felt like they needed to be there that day, I guess.
So anyway, I gave my talk freaking out, and Angelica didn't even come. It was just a bunch of members and President and Sister Bell. So I was like, "Great. That was terrifying because President Bell is here and pointless." 
Well then I saw a lady I didn't know, so I went over and she was talking to President and Sister Bell. She's from Salina, which is a ways away, and she just so happened to come to our little YSA ward with her friend from Utah. She is actually a Lutheran, but has been questioning her faith. Apparently, the message I shared answered her questions. Then, meeting President Bell (who is literally the most bold, powerful missionary in the world) also solidified things. She left the building crying and saying, "I'm supposed to be a good Lutheran but I'm here and I'm so happy." and her friend from Utah, who had just felt a few days before like she needed to reach out to her about our faith was crying as well. President Bell said, "No wonder we felt we needed to come here today." 
So anyway, WHAT A MIRACLE. God is so aware of each of his children. I can see Him just getting so excited, "Yes ... ok ... and if she's asked to speak on this, she'll use this quote from this general authority which will be the right one ... ok and now if President Bell shows up, he'll be the one to introduce himself and invite her to be baptized no matter what ... hm ... it's a little out of the way, but they can just go to that random meeting in Wichita ... ok, perfect." BAM ... miracle happens. 
Anyway, that was a testimony builder for sure :) 
Love you all! Have a fabulous week!
Sister Siera Gomez

Sister Bell is hilarious and thought it would be great if we got a
picture coordinating in the president's office

Our recent convert came to an activity! Sabrina!






No comments:

Post a Comment