Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, December 7, 2015

The Lord doesn't give up...

So this has by far been the craziest week of my mission. I know. How many times am I going to say that? Well I really do believe you'll see that this one truly takes the cake. I'll share some quick quick things that happened. 
1. My last MLC .... man I will miss that seven hour long meeting. Shocking, I know, but it's true. I love it. 
2. We planned, executed and trained at two zone trainings with our two wonderful sets of zone leaders. 
3. We went on two twenty four hour exchanges with a couple of our fabulous sisterships. (sister companionships. I'm making it a thing.) 
4. We saw miracles and hit our goals in the last five minutes of Sunday night. 
5. I hit a car. I just backed into it. President laughed at me and said, 'Don't worry about it - those things happen." then he called back and said, 'By the way, you're being released as a sister training leader. Don't worry - it doesn't have anything to do with you hitting a car." 
Hahahaha :) 
6. I got released as an STL and I'm going to ARK CITY with one of my favorite sisters, Sister Winsor. I am SO pumped. 
Mama, feel free to disregard number five. He he.
So anyway, miracles have been ABOUNDING. Remember that one lady, June, that I told you about last week? So we went by on Wednesday night with our INCREDIBLE recent convert Cora. Cora was baptized in February and is going so strong. She found all of the "Teachings of the Presidents" manuals at a thrift store and she is reading through them cover to cover, one by one. 
Anyway, she came on this team up with us to see June (the one who loves family history, has a million family members who are LDS, has original print Book of Mormons and just hasn't been baptized yet) and they hit it right off. June mentioned that with all of her exposure to the church, she had never read. Cora (who, by the way, is 68) said, "Well, this is my testimony, I guess, to you ... I KNOW this book is true. I KNOW this gospel is true. And I KNOW that when you read this, you will find out that it's true for yourself." 
And then June held up the Book of Mormon and said, "Sister, if I know this Book is true, nothing is going to stop me." 
AHHHH SO GOOD!!!! 
Also, we saw Hattie, one of our other lovely investigators who we just had a marvelous experience with. She told us how badly she wants to be a Mormon (she's sixteen by the way) and how she just feels like she keeps failing. I told her that I had no doubt she would be baptized and she said, "Really??!!" thinking I would have given up on her by now. OH PLEASE. The Lord doesn't give up. Especially not on solids like Hattie. She thinks she's ready to be baptized super soon, so that's great. She said, "I feel like I just need to read the Book of Mormon so that I can feel the way I do when you're here all the time." 
Um ... yes. Do that :) :) So good. 
Anyway, that's all for today I believe. The weather has been lovely. Highs are in the sixties, so it's been just brisk enough that we know CHRISTMAS IS COMING but not too bad at all. 
Anyways, love you all! 
Sister Siera Gomez

1 comment: