Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, January 18, 2016

Straight from Liberty Jail a message from Joseph Smith

Well hello there, people! 
It's been cuhrazy. So many things have happened. 
1. I'M GETTING A BABY!!! A baby. A new missionary. To train for two transfers. And then I will be home. *Begin screaming, kicking, resisting and freaking out.* (not about the baby, but about what happens two transfers from then.) 
2. ANITA UN-DROPPED US. We cleared up some misconceptions and she is so solid to get baptized THIS WEEKEND ... unfortunately, she thought she would be getting baptized on the thirtieth, so she had a glass of tea, but now she really wants to get baptized this weekend, but there are some things with living the word of wisdom and what not, so she may not be able to until next weekend. Prayers on her behalf much appreciated. 
In other news .... 
I can't even think of other news. In other news I have NO TIME TO EMAIL TODAY so I actually have to get off in five minutes. Yikes. 
Just know it's transfer week, so it's gonna be crazy, and I'm more excited than ever to give everything to Jesus Christ. 
Favorite scriptures about that? Doctrine and Covenants 123:13-17. Straight from Liberty Jail, I can only imagine the type of faith it would take for Joseph Smith to say words like, 
"Therefore that we should WASTE and WEAR OUT our lives" and "Let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance to see the salvation of God and for his arm to be revealed."
Is there anything more lovely? I want to collapse into bed every night, I want to collapse into Christ's arms when this life is over because I've been so worn out in His service. 
So if you're always exhausted, and you can't hardly stand it anymore, just be grateful for the privilege to walk where Christ walked in some tiny way :) 
Love you all! 
Sister Siera Gomez




1 comment:

  1. Sweet girl! I hope she gets time for a dentist apt!

    ReplyDelete