Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, January 11, 2016

You are now entering the mission field!

So it's been QUITE A WEEK!!!
First of all, happy belated birthday shout out to CHELSEA!!! I awkwardly counted my days wrong and thought your birthday would be this week. My bad. I still love you.
Second of all, happy birthday THIS week to JACKIE!!! You are gorgeous and wonderful and .... legal. Crazy.
Anyway, MIRACLES HAVE BEEN ABOUNDING!
We had a superb zone training and both the STL's and the zone leaders gave great trainings about Ama 32 and how we increase in our faith. Perfect. Especially because we experienced a mighty trial of faith when ANITA DROPPED US. Devastating. Fear not, we're working on that.
Anyway, so then TICIA CAME TO CHURCH! She is on date to be baptized on January thirtieth - her birthday. It was crazy, because our amazing stake president came that day and taught about what Elder Bednar had taught when he was here - praying as an agent instead of an object.
He was giving examples of changing our prayers into agent prayers and said, "For those of you meeting with missionaries right now. An object prayer is, 'please tell me if this is true.' and agent prayer is, 'please help me to know this is true, and I promise that when I know it is, I will be baptized.'"
Afterwards, she said she knew the talk was for her!
One other hilarious experience happened when we were talking to an investigator we found, Bruce. He served in the air force and saw a lot of traumatic things and now is looking for hope. Well, we were talking in a conference room in his apartment complex, and this guy Bill comes over. Well, turns out he had a lot to say to us. Some choice sentences, "Unless you stop fixing your salvation on the Book of Mormon and start fixing it on Jesus, the God-man, you're going straight to hell!" and, "All I can invite you to do is beg for forgiveness from your Almighty Father so that He won't send you down to the lake of brimstone!" and even, "You can smile and wave at me now, but five seconds after you die, you're going to have a mighty reality check and be thrust down to burn in hell!" and "If I see you talking to anyone else in this complex, I'm going to come and do exactly what I just did again! Bruce has spiritual needs and I need to make sure he doesn't go down this wrong path!"
Anyway, he finally left (half an hour later) and Bruce could only apologize. And then he said he didn't know the Book of Mormon was a record from the Americas, thought it sounded really cool, and is now preparing to be baptized on the thirtieth of January as well :)  
God is good!
Anyway, love you all! Have a fabulous week!
Sister Siera Gomez






1 comment: