Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, February 1, 2016

The gate is open in Kansas!

I have two minutes before my session ends, so I'm going to try and bust this out! 
First of all, 
IT'S BEEN A WEEK FULL OF MIRACLES!!!
Sister Gillespie is so fun and so humble. I just adore her. 
Second of all, one of my favorite ladies, Stella, got baptized! I met her at the branch Christmas dinner of last year, and talked the whole time. Unfortunately, she lives in Ark City and we live in Winfield, so the elders taught her, but each time I've seen her she just cries and gives me a huge hug and it has just been wonderful to see her progress. I got to speak at the baptism which was weird, since normally we have the members do that, but she asked if I would and it was a privilege.  
Then we have Laura, who is just the neatest soul. She is really, REALLY passionate about Jesus. She asked if we could spare some of our time to go out and preach the word with her. Well, naturally, we told her we could. She has a lot of questions, but she met us at the church and then stayed through the baptism.  She definitely felt the spirit at the baptism and is now praying about being baptized on the twentieth of this month. 
Finally we have Jessica who is so great and finally came to church! It's been a long time coming. 
It's been a phenomenal week. Last month in Kansas 66 souls were baptized! That's just an amazing miracle for us and we are rejoicing! So many of our brothers and sisters have now opened the gate on the way to eternal life. 
God is good. 
Also, it's been like seventy degrees in Kansas. Miracles upon miracles :) 
Love you all! Have the best week of your life! 
Sister Siera Gomez





1 comment: