Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, February 22, 2016

The work here is exploding. EXPLODING.

THIS WEEK WAS CRAZY GOOD. 
Like ... crazy good. 
1. So first of all, we met this guy named Chad. It was late at night and he got out of his truck and we walked over. The usual, perfunctory missionary conversation happens. "So, have you ever met missionaries like us before?" His response? "No, but I've researched your church. I wanted to know if it was true."........ us, "So, what did you think?" he told us that there were a lot of naysayers, but he didn't listen to them, and that this must be a sign that it really was true. We told him about Joseph Smith and he was AWE STRUCK because of how well he related to him. We told him what the Book of Mormon was and he was just flipping through. Preparing to be baptized on the twelfth! 
2. DUSTIN GOT BAPTIZED. Yeah. Baptized. Two men carried him into the font and a third man said the prayer and helped him go over. It took two tries, but everyone watching was weeping. President and Sister Bell came and said it was one of the best baptismal services they'd ever been to. 
3. Sunday night, after Dustin's baptism, we all headed to Wichita (about an hour and a half away) for a mission president's devotional! It was the coolest thing, because FIVE RECENT CONVERTS FROM ARK CITY BRANCH (my branch, in case anyone forgot where I'm serving) got to share their testimonies. Micah, Anita and Dustin all shared from Winfield (my town) and then Stella and Lane both shared from Ark City (where the elders live.) (Sorry if that's confusing. Our branch covers two small towns. ok ... it probably wasn't that confusing. Whateva.) 
The work here is just .... exploding. EXPLODING. I am so happy to be here! 
I love you all! Thanks for who you are! For those in the Big Canyon ward, I heard about Bishop Gomez's inspired challenge. I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts about 2 Nephi 32! I can't wait to read and study it myself. The Savior lives! He walks with us. He's intricately working in each of our lives. 
Love you! 
Sister Siera Gomez 

ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING TO INCLUDE: silly me I forgot about our other
fabulous miracle! Anita, Stella and lane all got to go to the Oklahoma
City temple on Saturday to do baptisms for the dead! This is a text
Anita sent when we asked if it went well. It's the longest text we've
ever received from her :) :)





2 comments:

  1. What a great lady! How are the headaches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's doing okay.... we will find out more when she gets home..

      Delete