Sister Gomez

Sister Gomez

Monday, March 28, 2016

Nice try Satan....

Ok so .... I have some CUH-RAZY stories for y'all. 
First of all, I'm actually coming home this week. APRIL FOOL'S. Ha. Annnyway,
Remember last week when I told you about our gnarly car accident Sunday afternoon? Yeah well, the very day after I wrote that to you, we were driving our brand new 2016 car around and got T-BONED. We were in an intersection and another car just ... didn't stop and drove right into us. Both cars (both mission cars - not the other cars.) totaled. Fifteen minutes before a super important appointment with the boys preparing for baptism! 
So .... Sister Gillespie's door was too crushed in to open, so she climbed in through my door after we called the cops, called the mission and did all that, we rushed to our appointment, went over the baptismal interview questions with the boys, ran to a member's house and filled out our second incident report in three days. 
Phew. 
So THEN we were in doctor's offices (nothing major, esta bien), on the phone with a whole bunch of insurance people, ("Yes, this is Sister Gomez .... uh, yes, I was in an incident. Which one are you referring to?") and madly working with these three adorable, crazy, wonderful boys to be baptized on Easter! (All the while pointing dramatically at every vehicle that came near our THIRD car of the week and saying, "Don't hit my car, don't hit my car, don't hit my car!") and figuring out a baptismal interview for them with our district leader who came down from Derby (45 minutes away.) 
Ha ha ha .... what a life. And THEN Saturday night at 8:50 (ten minutes before we go inside) we got a text from Tosha, the boys' mom saying that she didn't want anything to do with us anymore and that they, in fact, were not getting baptized. 
Talk about a blow that's worse than a car! Sheeesh, people. And THEN my companion got bit by a dog. (we call that the cherry on top.) 
But guess what is just awesome. None of that actually matters, because Sherry, who was super solid for baptism in January and then dropped off the face of the Earth? Yeah, that lady came to the women's broadcast Saturday night, and then her and her son came to church the next day. Jeremiah, who turned eight this month and is now getting baptized this Saturday between conference sessions. And his mom is getting baptized the next weekend. HALLELUJAH!!! 
Nice try, Satan. Better luck next time. 
Trials of faith proceed the witness. That is for sure :) And even though this is already tooooo long, I'm still gonna tell you one more neat thing that happened this week. I was asked to be on a panel of six missionaries at zone training that President Bell had the other missionaries ask questions. One missionary asked me how I took trials and was able to laugh and stay positive about them and another asked me how I was able to come to the point that my mission and this work truly meant everything to me. I laughed and said that cars could hit me left as right as long as I got to stay a missionary in Kansas for another few weeks and I wouldn't even care. Because I am the luckiest person ALIVE to be here. To have had the mission I've had, met the people I've met and to be some tiny part of this great work that I LOVE. For the Savior that I love more than ANYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE. 
Anyway, so yep :) It's been a glorious week. Lots of laughing. And head scratching. And now President affectionately calls us the "Demolition Derby." Hehe :) 
Love you guys!
Sister Siera Gomez 



1 comment: